Sunday, May 6, 2012

There's a Sucker Born Every Minute


There was this time that I thought that never meeting anyone again, never having another
relationship with someone would be okay. 
I thought you know, “I’m good here.” I’m raising my kids and I have a decent job.  Life could be way worse and it often has been.  A man will just mess all this up.
I had spent the last few years getting over my second marriage to my children’s father, moving across state lines and back again then finding my footing and making my life work.  I had come to terms with myself and decided to go ahead and grow up and be sane.

Then it happened.  He walked into my life and never walked out again.  He was charming and persistent and complimentary and though I had met him under less than ideal circumstances, he had the suave aplomb that lulled me into girlish giggles and stupid grins.  He was indeed sweeping me off my feet and I loved it.  He knew what to say and when to say it and even the alarm bells in the very back of my brain that I had come to rely on, I squashed.  He was a smooth operator and he knew what he was doing.  

He saw me coming from a mile away. 




3 comments:

  1. wow. I hope you don't take this the wrong way--

    I can only speak for myself, but you are one of those people that I feel for, yet want to smack upside the head at the same time. on the other hand, you are such a great writer, that I don't care when you are writing about the shit that makes me want to smack you upside the head.

    I will say to you what I have said to several of the women busting a vein and putting it out there: Excellent stuff. Write on, sister. Write on.....

    not-so-super-mom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No you're right. I've said it often... I wish someone would have smacked the ever loving shit out of me. I was blinded by love and lust and this crazy hot man who did the old bait and switch on me. Funny thing is, I haven't even gotten to the bad stuff yet. You'll really want to beat me about the head and face then. Thank you though. The kind words mean a lot.

      Delete
  2. LOVE your writing. And smacking you wouldn't have done a damn bit of good. ;)

    ReplyDelete